Thursday 30 July 2015

Becoming More Responsible

They say that you have more and more responsibilities as you get older and that you become more responsible, but that's not the case for everyone.

I've heard many stories of kids who grow up too fast, and that's another way to say that they received too many responsibilities at once and had to mature faster than they probably should've.

I can't say that I have a case like that, but I've definitely have matured quite a bit in just a little over a week.

Now that I'm a swim teacher, I'm currently trying to balance a total of four jobs. As I mentioned, I'm a swim teacher, I dog walk, I volunteer at a museum and I babysit.

That's a lot to balance alone, but you also have to throw in my softball schedule and gym schedule in there.

This is my first year being a swim teacher and volunteering at the museum, so I'm still trying to figure all of that out.

My schedule is crazy now. My softball team has missed about eleven or so games due to weather, so their constantly being pushed back and that affects everything else in my schedule.

It's becoming complicated to take shifts at the museum and take possible subbing shifts at the pool when I never know when I'm playing anymore.

This has caused me to become more responsible.

I went out the other day to buy a monthly calendar to be able to see my schedule for the whole month and not overbook myself.

Of course there are many phones out there that have calendars, and I do in fact have one on my phone, but it's a lot easier to have everything written down and be able to see everything at the same time.

When school starts up again, I feel like things will be okay.

I will still be working, volunteering and babysitting, but softball would be off the table and that's good because my schedule will be straightforward.

No delays, no cancellations, no makeup games, my schedule will be more regular.

In the end, it's good to be organized.

It might be a bit scary to have all of these responsibilities all of a sudden, but you figure out your own way to manage your schedule and your responsibilities.

My way is to have a calendar while to someone else, it could be having a schedule that doesn't change at all.

Either way, become more responsible is a challenge at first, but you learn.

I thought that I was going to be terrified with having so many responsibilities, but I found a balance that worked for me, so that's good!

In the end, I'm learning balance and how to become responsible and it shouldn't be something to be afraid of. It's an adjustment that we all make.


Until next time!

Post a Comment